SEN is a professional Kitchen Design association. We partnered with them to bring you some of the best kitchens that their designers worked on. From old-style to contempary, you should be able to find the style that fits your need. Simply click on the thumbnails below to start our Flash Gallery system. You can also view another selection of 15 beautiful kitchen designs here.
You are currently browsing the archives for the Kitchen Specialists category.
The kitchen is evolving; No longer is it viewed as a place solely to prepare and cook food. Instead it has transformed into a space that can be truly utilized for living & entertaining friends and family.
In essence, out of all the rooms in the house, the kitchen is often the family hangout. Parents are cooking or checking emails, the TV is on, and the kids are doing their homework — all at the same time, all in the same room.
The next generation kitchen will be a place not only for cooking, but for social and everyday interaction. Kitchen remodeling trends now concentrate on the kitchen as the ‘hub‘ of the household, incorporating the functional aspects of a kitchen with the ability to relax and enjoy the surroundings.
The trends in kitchen remodeling and design are set to focus on comfort and usability. Imagine a kitchen that incorporates a couch, a television, a coffee table and internet access into its space. This is the future of kitchen design.
The kitchen space is set to evolve to incorporate all of the needs of everyday life.
As it becomes increasingly hard to juggle the tasks of every day life, this is a room to fit around your lifestyle. Having a ‘live- in room‘ provides a family space where you can prepare a meal whilst helping the kids with their homework. It is versatile and very useable.
This trend seems a natural progression in a period when open planned living has become the chosen preference for most households. Remodeling the Kitchen into a live-in room therefore will add a new level of comfort and practicability to a style of living that most Americans have already adopted. As the kitchen continues to be the most used space in the household, adapting this space to be truly comfortable and useable is key to utilizing the function of the space.
Hunting for the perfect kitchen design can be exciting and yet frustrating. We understand this and have put together pictures of several beautiful kitchens to help encourage people in their quest to find what’s best for their homes. At the end of this page there are links where you can go on to find the kinds of quality kitchen items we show pictured here. Happy hunting and good luck!
Remember to note the elements you like best about these kitchen pictures to help you figure out what it is you like best. Kitchens are like fingerprints, each one is unique!
If you need to see something a little more concrete or you are overwhelmed with options; remember you can always check out some kitchen design centers in your area. Bring in a few pictures of what you like from below and they will work with you to figure out how to get it.
These kitchens have very traditional wood cabinetry and stone and/or wood counters. This is often the first thing people think of when they think “kitchen.” It is a classic way to redesign a kitchen and it has a long lifespan. Often if you go with a more traditional look it will stay stylish longer and does not need quite as much done to freshen its look later.
Remodeling kitchen design
Before you start thinking about remodeling your kitchen, you should have some general thoughts. If you are not happy with the color or look of your doors and countertop, but the appliances are still in good conditions, than refacing is the right way to think about. In case you do not like the way your kitchen is designed and where drawers and doors are located, you might better look for a entirely new america’s test kitchen.
Areas where remodeling can be done
First and most visible part of any kitchen are cabinets with doors and drawers. By exchanging them with new once, the look of any kitchen will change often dramatically. Whilst often the visible outside parts of the cabinets get refinished, the biggest part concerns kitchen doors and drawer fronts. Generally there are two kinds of doors available: framed and panel type doors. Whilst framed doors give a kitchen a more traditional look, panel style doors will make them look more modern. As the drawer fronts are also exchanged, make sure that all drawer guides are checked and exchanged if needed as well.
From a visibility point of view, the second most important part of any kitchen remodeling is the worktop or kitchen top. Here you can choose for a huge variety of materials and colors. The range goes from marble or granite to KBC® corian and laminate boards. Available in nearly every type of color and pattern, it is the perfect way to change the look of an entire kitchen.
Interior design, remodeling kitchen design picture, by KBC DESIGNER. When a buyer walks into the room and see the kitchen the right lighting can put a great face on almost any style of kitchen. So rather than trying to flood the whole space from one fixture or a three bright track-lights try lights in differing areas. When it comes to kitchen flooring ceramic tile is the best choice because it comes in such a variety of colors, and in multi-colors, that it fill fit with any cabinet-countertop combination.
PVC Kitchen Cabinets Texas China PVC Kitchen Cabinets Kitchen Cabinet PVC Kitchen Cabinet PVC Doors PVC Cabinets China PVC Kitchen Cabinet PVC Vinyl Kitchen Cabinets PVC Cabinets Kitchen Kitchen PVC Cabinets OutDoor PVC Cabinets PVC Cabinets India Cellular PVC Cabinets MDF PVC Cabinets
How to Design a Gourmet Kitchen
The kitchen is the one room that needs to function really well. After all, good food is one of the most basic needs of the family. The kitchen is the place where you rustle up those delicious meals and keep your family and friends entertained. Thus, the kitchen has to be clean, clutter free and convenient.
If you’ve ever spent some time in a kitchen you know it is essential to have plenty of space and all of the right amenities. A good meal takes time to prepare, not to mention more cooking utensils and space. There is also a good chance that at some point you will do some entertaining around the kitchen. With all of this time spent in the kitchen it is worth the effort to make the kitchen a good fit for your lifestyle. Make sure there is plenty of room, and most importantly it is a comfortable place to work in.
Given below is a list of must haves for the ultra gourmet kitchen:
• The Food Prep Zone: Gourmet kitchens need to have knife drawers with special tools to keep the knives straight and sharp, cutting boards that come out and disappear into the cabinets when required and counters with lower height. Marble countertops help to retard the growth of bacteria.
• Cooking Zone: Many homeowners now prefer separate ovens instead of freestanding ranges, a selection of tall cabinets, base cabinets and ones with special pull out systems.
• Baking Zone: Cooks who are serious about baking like counters with less height, making them easier to knead bread on. Nowadays, you can also get pull out box cabinets, special tiered cabinets, cake decorating kits and various other items.
• Specific Storage Zone: Instead of having a pantry that stores everything in one spot, gourmet kitchens have work-specific storage areas. For example, there can be a ‘breakfast center’ where you can store cereals, syrups, bagels, mixes, and so on. Similarly, you can have lunch and dinner centers where you can store equipment appropriately.
• Dining Zone: Gourmet kitchens often have built-in cabinets that double as buffets, used to separate the kitchen from the dining space. With proper lighting and aesthetics, you can make this area look very luxurious.
• Wet Bar Service Zone: This area can be used as a transition area between the food preparation and serving zones. Wine racks can be built in and combined with under-the-counter wine coolers and beverage centers.
• Meal Planning Zone: You can have built in bookshelves or cabinets that can be a perfect corner for planning your meals, searching for new recipes, mulling over cookbooks and similar activities. You should have all the modern appliances required for cooking – starting from microwaves to ovens to dishwashers and similar. Having all of your appliances in Stainless Steel, or built into the cabinets gives your kitchen a clean, streamlined look.
For the best in gourmet kitchens it is a good idea to hire a professional to help you design the most functional space possible. Some interior decorators specialize in kitchen design, or there are kitchen specialists to assist you with the kitchen setup. Another good resource are home shows and designer showrooms. There you will find all of the latest ideas for making the kitchen space as good as it can be. You can also take a look at what products the top companies are coming out with to enhance your gourmet kitchen.
Hickory Kitchen Cabinets
Beechwood Lifestyle Kitchen Cabinets
Lodge Kitchen Cabinets
Red Kitchen Cabinet Design
Kitchen Cabinet Design
Rustic Kitchen Cabinets Resurfacing Kitchen Cabinets Birch Kitchen Cabinets Amish Kitchen Cabinets Wooden Kitchen Cabinets Kitchen Cabinets Designs Kitchen Island Cabinets Free Standing Kitchen Cabinets Affordable Kitchen Cabinets Mission Style Kitchen Cabinets Solid Wood Kitchen Cabinets Discounted Kitchen Cabinets Dark Kitchen Cabinets