- Q: What Defines a Small Bathroom?
A: A small bathroom is defined as being 50 square feet or smaller. This would be roughly 5 feet by 10 feet; 6 feet by 8 feet; or thereabouts. A small bathroom can either be a powder room, half-bath, or guest bathroom (all terms for the same thing, meaning that it lacks bathing facilities) or a full-bath which has either a shower or bathtub or both.
- Q: How Does a Small Bath Remodel Differ from Larger Bath Remodels?
A: Cost. Keep in mind that we do need to compare “apples to apples,” and so the cost of remodelinga powder room cannot rightly be compared to the cost of remodeling a large full bath. However, even small and large full bath will differ greatly in price mainly due to the fact that fewer materials are being used. This is especially important because bathroom materials (as well as professional remodeling services) tend to be unusually high.
- Q: Can I Remodel a Small Bathroom by Myself?
A: Yes. If you are so inclined, a small bathroom is a great place for the intermediate-level DIY remodeler to cut his or her remodeling “teeth.” But don’t feel ashamed if you do call in professionals. Because of the services involved (plumbing and electrical, mainly), it’s certainly understandable if you do call in professional remodelers you can visit them at drdrip.com.au.
Steps to Small Bathroom Remodeling
- Define Your Small Bath Needs and Desires
First, decide whether this will be a powder room or a full bath. Powder rooms have little more than a toilet, sink, and minor electrical workto contend with. But when you bring in the increased plumbing requirements of a bathtub or shower, you also bring in requirements for other things such as moisture protection (do you have the appropriate type of flooring?), ventilation, sizing requirements, additional bathroom cabinetry, and so on. After that, it helps to define who will be using the bathroom. If this is a full bath that will act as a master bathroom, you may need to go “all out” in terms of cabinetry and higher-end materials. After all, you will have to look at this bathroom at least twice a day for many years. But if this bathroom is for overnight guests, you can probably skimp on the quality of materials. You will most definitely not need increased storage space for guests, either.
- Plan Your Small Bathroom
One misconception we often hear about small bathrooms: “Well, if they’re so small, I can probably map the whole thing out in my head, right?” Wrong. Small bathrooms do need extensive planning. One reason is because stock bathroom cabinets come in pre-determined sizes. You’ll probably need to work around stock cabinet sizes (or order custom cabinets). Obtain home design software that will allow you to plan your bathroom in detail.
- Decide Whether to Hire a Pro or DIY
A small bathroom renovation, performed by a remodeling contractor and using contractor-quality materials, might cost you as little as $15,000. Doing the same remodel DIY might cost the cost by 50%. One option is to do as much as possible by yourself: demolition; basic drywall installation; flooring; and painting. Then, leave the rest to the pros. You’ll need to talk with the bath remodeling contractor to coordinate with him.
- Strip Down to the Basics
Strip down? We mean the bathroom, not you! The degree of bathroom demolition you do depends on the scale of your project, of course; but you can expect to strip down a small bathroom in three days, probably even less. Make sure you have other bathroom facilities available, because this one will be completely disabled. Rent a roll-off dumpster for your driveway or have a hauling company take it all away. If your bathroom pre-dates 1978, be careful for lead-based paint dangers.
- Install Plumbing and Electrical
Electrical and plumbing go in first (remember, the walls are open). Rough-in the plumbing for toilet, shower, and bathtub. Have the electrician bring in the wiring, too. You will need to have two inspections done: first, at the rough-in stage; second, after the walls have been closed up.
- Install Flooring, Cabinets, Etc.
If you are partially DIY’ing this job, you might decide to step in at this point and take over. With plumbing and electrical fully installed, you can lay down flooring, hang cabinets, paint the walls, and install towel bars, mirrors, and that finishing touch—the toilet roll holder!
- Define Your Small Bath Needs and Desires
You are currently browsing the Bathroom & Kitchen Design Ideas,Bathroom Decorating Ideas,Bathroom Remodeling Plans blog archives for August, 2014.
When scouring the Internet for bathroom remodeling tips, you may have been disappointed to find there is not much real help out there. With so many people trying to upgrade their bathrooms today, you would think that really useful tips for remodeling bathrooms would be in abundance on the Internet. Unfortunately, this is not necessarily the case.
In response to the lack of online ideas for bathroom designs and the few tips for remodeling bathrooms that are available on the Internet, BathroomDesignerIdeas.com comes to the rescue!
Here, you will find such helpful information as…
Articles offering tips for remodeling bathrooms and trends on the latest designs
Listings of firms specializing in bathroom designs
Where to find bathroom remodeling software
Pictures of various bathroom designs that will help you get inspired!
Our goal is to create a one-stop site where you can gather all of the information you need to complete your bathroom remodeling project. There is no greater feeling than completing the project on your own — and with your own hands. Not only does it save you money, you can also take personal pride in a job well done!
With all the many trends and styles for bathroom design available today, you’ll have your pick of everything from floor to ceiling. Inspiration, creativity and personal style are keys to a successful bathroom redesign project.
Small Bathroom Ideas – Copy These Small Bath Ideas and Be On Your Way
What Defines a Small Bathroom?
A small bathroom in the eyes of Donald Trump will probably be different in the eyes of you or me.
So, for one thing, small bathrooms are small in relation to the overall size of the house. Generally, we can say that a small bathroom ranges from 16 square feet to 50 or 60 square feet.
Secondly, small bathrooms do not all have the same functions. A small bathroom can be:
- Half-Bath: A toilet and sink, just a place for guests to take care of their basic needs and wash their hands.
- Three-Quarter Bath: Toilet, sink, and either shower or tub. A fully-functioning bathroom to take care of all of the residents’ needs.
- Full Bath: Toilet, sink, shower, and tub. It’s difficult to shoehorn a separate shower and tub into a small bathroom, so these tend to be combined as one unit.
Small Bathroom Ideas – Tips and Tricks
- Use pedestal sinks rather than large vanity cabinets to save space.
- Be mindful of the “door swing.” In a small bathroom, the door swing can take up as much as 25% of the room.
- Windows, while always welcome, can take up valuable space and make it harder to place large units (shower, tub).
- Place toilet, sink, and shower/tub along one wall to mitigate costs.
- Lighter paint colors make the room feel airier, larger.
- While it might not seem logical, laying ceramic or resilient tile at a diagonal makes small bathrooms feel less cramped.
- How do you feel about linen closets? If you have closet space just outside of the bathroom, this is the place where you should store towels–instead of taking up valuable space inside the bathroom.
- Don’t overload the senses with wide trim. Keep the trim proportional to the size of the bathroom itself.
Nature-inspired creations of designers are very popular today as we all want to be closer to it. Designer Oriano Favaretto from Mastella Design was inspired by kalla flower when he was creating this Kalla washbasin.
The piece is very beautiful, elegant and romantic; the natural color of the flower remained. The washbasin is manufactured of a single piece of Cristalplant. The washbasin is like the flower itself and the faucet reminds of a rain drop that is falling on it. The aesthetic taste of the designer is perfect; the piece charms anybody and will make any modern bathroom peaceful, aethetically beautiful and original. (From Digsdigs.com)
Kitchen decorating is area best home decorator’s alpha back decorating their homes. The kitchen is area we absorb a acceptable bulk of our ancestors time creating and adequate meals, accomplishing homework, and alive out life’s problems. Use these abundant account to actualize a dream kitchen for your family. Find your kitchen style, and accomplish your kitchen decorating fit your pocketbook by accomplishing it with The Budget Decorator!
Small changes can accept a big aftereffect on how your kitchen looks. Below are 11 decorating account that you can do yourself in a day or less. Not alone are these simple changes accessible to do, but they are bargain too!
1. Afraid of alteration your arid white kitchen walls? Instead of allotment rich, abysmal colors for your aboriginal project, you will acceptable feel added adequate with a aloof like biscuit or gray. These colors won’t date the allowance and will anticipate you from possibly accepting bound annoyed of a added desperate blush palette.
2. Brighten up the kitchen. Use mirrors to abduction the sunlight and animation it around. Try putting a mirror beyond from a window or on a bank that corners adjoin the window bank for the best ablaze distribution.
3. Accomplish melancholia changes. Moving the kitchen appliance into a ’summer arrangement’ can optimize your amplitude and accord it a added aerial feel. Accomplish it ablaze and airy – anticipate about removing some of the appliance and decorations for a lighter feel. Open those curtains and let the sun flash in!
4. Use slipcovers. Slipcovers over your chairs can abate the allowance and add to your decor. For the holidays, try application appropriate covers in anniversary patters or colors. For a nice summertime change, use white affection or canvas slipcovers on the chairs.
5. Get account from the pros. Look in magazines, books, television or the internet to get a acidity of the accessories and designs you would like to see in your kitchen. If you see a kitchen busy in a way that you like, anticipate about how you can alike the aforementioned adornment in your home.
6. Decorate with cookbooks. You can accomplish a nice affectation with your cookbooks. Try alignment them in absorbing configurations with some lying bottom ward and some standing. Don’t put baby books abutting to alpine books but adjust them in admission sizes.
For many redecorating your kitchen can be an expensive and time consuming project. But in this article we provide you with some kitchen decorating ideas which you may wish to consider when you finally decide that your kitchen needs updating.
Unless you have high quality wooden cabinets in your kitchen the chances are that the ones you have could do with rejuvenating. The best way to do this is by repainting them which is the hottest trend at the moment. There are many techniques around which you can easily learn and will provide your kitchen cabinets with an expensive designer look to them. You can either use crackling, faux finishing or glazing as some of the more simple and cost effective ways to spruce up those tired and outdated cabinets in your kitchen. If you are unsure what to do then try the internet for some guidance as most of the major paint manufacturers have sites where they will provide you with information and instructions on how to paint kitchen cabinets.